Wednesday, May 05, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

First off.. Happy Cinco De Mayo wooot woot!!! Who doesnt love celebrating this day? Mexican food here I come!!!! Thought Id share a recipe for taco seasoning that my Aunt Linda always had on hand to fix with her deep fried tacos... ohhhh man were they good!!!! I miss Aunt Linda and I miss those tacos.. I dont care HOW fattening they were.. they were AWESOME! hahaa ;)

Taco Seasoning~
2 t. instant minced onion
1 t. salt
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cornstarch
1/2 t. cumin
1/4 t. crushed dried red peppers
1/2 t. minced garlic
1/4 t. dried oregano

Keep stored in an air tight container and sprinkle in with ground beef or turkey when making tacos. Believe me its better than the pre-packaged taco seasoning you buy in the stores!

Next up.... Do you watch American Idol? OMYGOODENESS... Im totally in awe with the adorable Lee Dewyze!!! I love his voice and he is so stinkin' cute. Not in a "hot" way.. but in a awww kinda way. And today.. I figured out why!!!! He, in my opinion, looks just like my son Preston!!!! Im mean I tried to find a photo to match better but couldnt.. but let me just say.. Todd and I were like WHOA.. when we saw this pic!!! {click on photo to enlarge}
Call us crazy.. but we are still thinking whoa... hahaa ;) Also... last night one of my favs.. Harry Connick Jr. ...was mentoring on AI... I just adore him.. he is HOT {yes he is old enough for me to be able to say HOT like that hahaa}!!! He is in my most favorite movie of all time too.. Hope Floats !!!! Love his swagger.. and loved all of the arrangements he did for the American Idol contestants.. especially Lee Dewyze!!! Im so rooting for Lee. His smile just melts me. :) And his singing rocks too!Im soooo rooting for Lee. His smile just melts me. :) And his singing rocks too!

2 comments:

Amie said...

I'm rooting for Lee too! Just love him! his voice, his humility, his style, everything. I have to say the same about Harry Connick Jr. How cute is HE!? And so funny! I was just laughing so much. Anyway, yes, your son dOES look like him a bit! Can he sing?

We bought 25 Del Taco tacos (.39 cents each!) for din din. Started eating and realized we'd been shorted 4. Ugh! But oh well , they were yummy.

taryn said...

Dude, he totally does look like him! Nifty!
I am a big HCJ fan too...LOVE him!! Missed Idol this week though.