Friday, September 26, 2008

Can I get a WOOT WOOT!

Hey GREAT news! I won the 1 hour contest that was held over at Creative Scrappers on Tuesday night. For the layout below- Guy Thing!!!! It is such an honor to chosen because of something I love to do. I love those contests and even if they weren't voting or whatever, I still would have done it! I cant wait til next month when we can do it all over again. I'm thankful that I found a nice forum, with really nice girls and awesome challenges with sketches. I've scrapped more than I have in a long while and for this my husband is thankful. He sees me actually using the things that I buy. I can see a big difference too, in just the hoarding end of it. I just want to scrap more!!! That's a great feeling! ;)
On the flip side, I felt so bad for Kristine who runs CS, because she had to deal with some drama over the whole thing. Its so hard to run a forum {of any kind} without someone always trying to rain on your parade and stir up some kind of ruckus. We live in a world of self-serving folks, folks that will bite you in a matter of minutes if they don't feel they are being treated fairly.. and most of the time they don't even stop to think or listen to the whole side of the other party. They are jealous, petty and ultimately disrespectful. And to see someone disrespect a person who was trying hard to be fair to everyone involved just makes me angry and sad. Sad that these people don't think more of themselves or their peers to stop for a moment and reflect on the blessings that have been bestowed upon them. Angry that those people do not deserve the strife they are being caused.

Onto other things.... Oh my am I ever tired! This is my long day.. I will be glad to lay my weary head down to sleep tonight for sure! hehee This weekend Justice will be up and we are taking him and Hunter to see Ironman! I cant wait. We rarely get to go to the theatre so this will be a treat {Thank you for $1 night Wehrenberg Theatres} hehee I also told the boys that we'd be making some kid friendly foods.. stuff that they can help me make. I already know that we will be making Rattlesnake Eggs and possibly Donut Muffins... both recipes can be found on this wonderful cooking blog Mommy's Kitchen. I've copied down several of her recipes and can't wait to try them out!

Have a great weekend!!!

7 comments:

Angie said...

You layout ROCKS! I am so happy it won. I agree with everything you have said about the whole voting thing. I am really glad Kristine did what she did, it was fair and right.

Mommy's kitchen looks like a great site. Thanks

Carol A. said...

Congrats girlie....your layout was just fantastic!!!!! You so deserved that win and I am so happy that things were taken care of so things were fair!

linda said...

Thanks for the link to Mommy's kitchen, I am going to be making several of her recipes.. tobi is going to love the rattlesnake eggs..

Creative Scrappers said...

{{ thank you ! }}

Brooke said...

Congratulations! That really is a nice layout. :)

Beckie said...

congrats on your win, the lo is a beauty!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Angi - I absolutely loved your layout!!!