Friday, April 22, 2005

The Rain~

Tonight I spoke with a friend and asked what they thought I should write about.... He said how I like the patter of the raindrops. ... and it got me to thinking.....{I know dangerous}
I got to thinking that I love the song Like the Rain by Clint Black...... I never really thought much about it until one day I sat down and really listened to the lyrics. It all makes perfect sense.....*I never liked rain...... Until I walked thru it with you*... thinking along those lines.... there is so much that we in life dont *like*, until we experience them with someone special. I myself am one of those people. I dont *like* being alone, not on any type of regular basis anyway. Sharing my thoughts, dreams, desires, needs......and the occasional dislikes of the world mean so much more to a me when I dont have to experience them alone....The rain is one of my dislikes.... it takes me back to when I was a child, the summer storms would blow in bringing with them lightning and frightful thunderous roars. Id try to hide from the flashes and bangs to no avail.....My mother would try to comfort me and hide the window with many a quilt. Id close my eyes and still see the flashes of crashing light. I was so scared..... and then.........alone...... I found myself alone in the room, dark with only the sights and sound of the rain....... Oh God how I hated every moment of the rain! .... Id calm myself only to have another frightening reminder that the storm wasnt near over with... and back into hysterics I fell. My father would come rushing into the room...... and instead of scooping me into his arms...... would remove his wicked leather belt and commence to beating me until I was too weak to care .....to weak to cry.... and too weak to experience the rain......
That was long ago and now even when the rain comes and the patter of the rain drops fall.... I think of that song and how it would have been nice to have someone to walk thru it with....
I never liked the rain until then......

No comments: