Monday, September 06, 2010

Chocolate chip-banana-nut Cresents..

well that sure was a mouth full ;) haha

Last week I was cruisen around the net and came across a blog that had a recipe for cresent rolls with chocolate chips in the center.. and I thought, wow, how simple. So when I went grocery shopping the other day I got some cresent rolls and decided yesterday to experiment.

I rolled out the cresents and then layered mashed banana and chocolate chips to the fat part of the cresent.

Then I added a sprinkle of chopped pecans and about a 1/2 teaspoon drop of peanut butter.
I wish now I had mixed the peanut butter and mashed banana together and spread onto the cresent, thinking that would have been a lot easier, also would have had a more even taste instead of the surprise peanut butter glob, which wasnt so bad.. but some people may have turned their nose to. Also note.. kinda press the chips into the dough, that will help when rolling these lil babies up!

Here they are all rolled up... I had a few nuts try to escape.. ha, funny how that sounds familiar ;) hehee

Next, I drizzled some melted butter over the tops of the cresents and then sprinkled plain ol' sugar over them.
Popped them into a 350 oven til golden brown. It took less than 10 minutes.

The outcome... beautiful little sweet treats!!! I think next time Id like to add a little sugar to the bananas to take the bitterness away.. but overall a neat lil quickie dessert! And because I explored with this.. I think I shall with many different flavors in the future. Never be afraid right?... Right! :)

Have a great week!!!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Super yum! How can ya go wrong with peanut butter, chocolate, and crescent rolls?! All good things! martha would be proud. :)