Monday, February 08, 2010

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken~

ok.. so if you've ever been on a diet you know that its a pain in the BUTT to find good recipes that involve chicken or fish since thats basically all you eat. We are flavor people. We are LOVE to eat people.. we need to feel full and satisfied. Thankfully I found this blog Parkers General aka Lindas Kitchen and last night I tried out her CrockPot Chicken Salsa... all I can say is TOUCH DOWN!!! hahaaa.. {get it-made it on Superbowl Sunday} hahaa..
anyway.. I made this dish and served over rice.. very healthy and especially if you use no fat sour cream, but even so.. not too bad at all! Very low in fat and good for you... one portion filled me up and I have left overs for lunch at work today! It was also cheap! I used 4 of the 6 chicken breasts that come in a bag at WalMart for $6 and used the WalMart brand salsa with corn and black beans. Easy peasy!

Crockpot Salsa Chicken
4 chicken pieces
Sprinkle with 1/2 package taco mix.
Pour 16 oz, jar of salsa over.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Remove chicken from crock.
Turn crockpot to high.
Mix 2 T. water with 2 T. corn starch.
Slowly add to crock. Stir until thickened.
Add 1/2 c. sour cream and stir well.
Return chicken to crockpot for 20-30 minutes.

ps: you know what? I forgot the taco seasoning part and it was jusssst fine!!!

Also, one last note... if you do not have a rice cooker.. GET ONE! I swear it is the BEST $25 bux we have spent in a while. I cannot believe I was so resistant to the idea in the first place, but now that we have it.. I love it. I just put the rice in, water in.. a little seasoning.. turn on and leave to do whatever.. I come back the rice is perfect and warm. Perfect. Im all about simplicity and with the fish and chicken dishes we are eating, rice is a staple now a days! :)

Have a great week!!! Up next.. a layout.. YES I scrapped!!! woot woot!!

3 comments:

Amie said...

Mmmm sounds good. I'm gung ho WW again myself. Good luck to us!!

Angie said...

Looks yummy. I'm going to have to try this recipe!

Gina said...

I'm going to have to try this recipe . . . Thx for sharing! :)