Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Dash~

Im definitely glad that Becky linked me to this video. It is a really eloquent outlook on life and death.
I think about what my purpose is here on earth and if Im living up to my end of the bargain. Before the past year I would have said no, that I wasnt living up to my potential and that I still had a long way to go to gain some integrity. And that was just a shred of integrity. But over the past months, especially since Ive gone back to work and found out that Im worthy not only as a mother, wife and daughter/sister but as a person out in the public as well... I feel good. Ive gained confidence and independence. Ive learned to let go of the small stuff for the most part. I know there are those of you reading this that know my everyday bitches and gripes, but know that my life is much richer now than previously and for that Im sincerely thankful. And I apologize for not always sharing the good times, as I have the not so good.
Id have to say that if I passed away today, that Id have a room full of good and true friends, family and well wishers. I would also have to say that I have lived a good life, it may have came late, but at least it came. I finally know that Im a good mother, a good and genuine person and friend, a good wife and good family member. And with this Im happy and content. One last important thing.. I finally understand that I deserve love, dignity, integrity and respect and I deserve the benefits of this in the arms of my God. In ending, Im thinking that my dash is a good thing, perhaps highlighted by the love of my children and husband. And now when things get me down, I'll think of the dash and how Im representing myself through it. Thank you Becky!

2 comments:

Becky said...

i am so happy that you found this as enlightening as i did. i really thought it would be a great thing to share. for being something so simple (a video with music) it has such a profound message. thank you so much angi for watching and taking part in sharing your thoughts. you are a wonderful person, and you deserve to know what your dash means to you!

Valerie said...

well I know that you are a wonderful women and I am glad you got passed all the little things in life and worry about more of the bigger things that really matter! love ya girly!