Sunday, May 01, 2005

Chris Gaines~

This weekend I dug out this old cd Garth Brooks as Chris Gaines... I absolutely love it. I wish that there wasnt such a big deal made about it when it came out. I think if people were true fans of Garth Brooks they wouldve bought the cd and not complained one bit. It shows his range and talent. Almost every song takes me back to when I first got a computer. I listened to the cd over and over as I explored the internet.... and in my exploration I met a fella from Austria, his name was Christian... A very handsome and intelligent younger man. He taught me a lot about his culture and we became good friends via the net. It seemed everytime that we spoke through messenger Id be listening to this cd as well. We wrote each other via US mail too and even spoke several times on the phone., but as time passed and life changed... I lost track of Christian in the past few years. Then about 2 months ago he contacted me and told me that he had a baby boy...still wasnt married {shame, good catch there!}, that he wondered about me often and how I was... I told him the news of my baby boy as well...I still miss him...and will always wish him well....
Back to the cd.... Its no wonder as I sit here listening to this cd that I think about how awesome of a talent Garth Brooks is and how sad and yet happy for him that he has since retired...,I also think of Christian, the internet and raise my glass of wine to all of you! ....Great cd, great memories...

No comments: